Thursday, August 11, 2005

Ex-wives suck

Yeah, I said it. And dammit, I mean it. Yeah, so I AM an ex-wife... twice. But nothing compares to the nut job I'm having to deal with these days. This woman gives new meaning to the word C-R-A-Z-Y!!! Her entire existence revolves around making my life complete hell.

Now, you gotta remember, I'm raising her two daughters. One of them, the 15 year old, never even speaks to her unless she needs money that I won't give her. Doesn't say much for the mothering skills does it? Shaunne (the 15 year old) also insists that her mother threw her down the stairs, grabbed her by the hair, threw her on the floor, and waved a knife in her face. As crazy as I'VE seen her act, I wouldn't doubt it! Supposedly, this happened when Shaunne was 12. Not surprizingly, Morgan (the 9 year old), doesn't remember it.

Now, Morgan, does go see her mother every other weekend, and although Kathy (the ex) thinks this bothers me, it's really quite the opposite. Morgan is one of those kids who just suck out your very life force.... she requires THAT MUCH attention. So every other weekend, I get the weekend (from Friday afternoon to Monday afternoon) off! WOO HOO! But, there are so many things about Morgan visiting her mom that I just HATE:

#1 Morgan is a freakin 9 year old. 9 year old girls simply do not need acrylic nails put on every other weekend to just have them taken off 3 days later.

#2 9 year old girls do not need highlights put in their hair. They have natural highlights.

#3 9 year old girls do not need to dress like they are going to the honkey tonk on Friday night. In other words, don't dress your daughter like a hootchy mama.

#4 9 year old girls should wear shoes with backs, preferrably tennis shoes... they have trouble walking... especially when they are wearing high-heeled flip flops.

#5 9 year old girls really should not know the details of their mother's sex life. This is way too much information, and it's information that they tend to share with their friends (which causes stepmoms to get lots of calls from lots of upset mothers).

#6 9 year old girls really don't have much interest in their mom's day to day drama, either.

#7 9 year old girls really hate being the "messenger" between mom & dad.

#8 9 year old girls don't like to be interrogated every other weekend, either.

#9 9 year old girls do not need to eat TWO #10's at McDonalds (which at our McD's is a 10 piece Mcnugget order with large fries and a large drink).

#10 9 year old girls do not need a bag of 500 balloons (which is brought to their father's home - the home where a 10 month old baby lives - a 10 month old who puts everything in her mouth!)

I'm sure that I could come up with tons more reasons, but I'll stop with 10. I guess my point is this; even though you are a weekend parent, you are still a parent. Kathy and I have had many conversations about this and she always tells me, "well, I just can't tell her no." I've told her - you're not doing the kid any favors by always letting her have her way - not to mention that it makes my job twice as hard when she's with me. I've got 5 kids here - Morgan's NOT going to get her way all the time.

I am a mom. I'm not their friend. It is my job to make sure they get taught to make rational decisions (a job my mother didn't follow through with very well, hence my 3 marriages, near bankruptcy, and other things in my life that I'll fail to mention here). It is my job to make sure they are taught right from wrong. It is NOT my job to make sure that their every whim is carried out.

Comments:
I am a mom. I'm not their friend. It is my job to make sure they get taught to make rational decisions (a job my mother didn't follow through with very well, hence my 3 marriages, near bankruptcy, and other things in my life that I'll fail to mention here). It is my job to make sure they are taught right from wrong. It is NOT my job to make sure that their every whim is carried out.

Finally! I'm so sick of people who try to be friends with their kids. Those people need to grow up, they shouldn't have had children in the first place. And if they don't discipline their kids and give them a role model, their kids are not going to respect them.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?